WHY WAIT? CRUISE THE CARIBBEAN OR PACIFIC NOW STARTING FROM PANAMA.
AUSTRALIAN OWNED AND REGISTERED PETERSON 46 CENTRE COCKPIT SLOOP BUILT UNDER AUSSIE SUPERVISION, is available now to set off on your Caribbean, US, or Pacific adventure.
Considered one of the great world-cruising yachts, this 1984 built version is a step onboard and go option with the optimal rear Master cabin layout, generous saloon and all the updated equipment you'll need to explore the world.
A centre cockpit design, this blue water cutter has a solid thick fiberglass hull, encapsulated long fin keel with skeg hung rudder and propeller in an aperture, which together, with a relatively low freeboard and moderate beam, provides a very safe, seaworthy yacht in heavy weather that will also perform well in light winds.
In this Hillier Peterson 46 version, construction was overseen by Ron Hillier of Australia. These yachts are recognised for their superior quality, redesigned interior, and attention to detail. Below she has the traditional warmth of a classic yacht and is a handcrafted example of a boat builders art in rich, solid Burmese teak. She was one of the last Peterson 46s ever built, launched in 1984.
She has been meticulously maintained by the current owners since purchasing her in 1997. After spending several years preparing her for a circumnavigation, they departed Sydney in 2003 and have been living aboard ever since exploring Asia, the Med and the Caribbean.
Many of her great features include:
- Registered Australian Ship # 851816
- Most recent insurance survey (October 2017) which is available to interested purchasers.
- Exterior Teak deck replaced in 2007 with 16mm planks. Recaulked in 2010.
- Antifouled August 2021.
- Ford Lehman Super 90. New heat exchanger, oil coolers and 120 amp alternator (2021).
- Hood Furlaway furling boom.
- North Sails Main new in 2018 and only used for one passage Antigua to Panama.
- Swift 2.6m RIB aluminium/hyperlon & 9.8hp Tohatsu outboard (Dec 2017)
- 2 x Eutectic fridges & Frigoboat" freezer - serviced (2021)
- Cetrek 727 electrical autopilot
- Fleming wind vane self-steering system & Autohelm backup tiller pilot
- 2x 220ah Victron AGM house batteries (2016), never discharged to less than 85%
- 120amp Bosch alternator with twin pulley (2021), Balmar Smart regulator.
- 600/1200W inverter (2021)
- AirX-wind generator & Solar panels 2x 40W, 2x 85W
- Icom 802 HF/SSB radio with Icom AT 130 Tuner, Pactor IIE Pro modem, Icom VHF IC-M32 3G-GPS (2017) & VHF hand held
- Furuno radar chart plotter & cockpit multi display
- AIS transponder Icom Class B MA500TR (2017)
- Pressurized hot and cold water
- Electric Heads
- Spectra Ventura 150 Watermaker deluxe with MPC controller.
- Zodiac 6 Man Life raft new in Oct 2017
Now it’s your turn to live the dream in a proven Australian Yacht that has already cruised to the most exciting and exotic parts of the world. For further information or to organise a viewing, please contact our team at Sydney Marine Brokerage today.
|Model||Hillier Peterson 46|
|Type Of Sales||Dealer|
|Engine Make||Ford 2722E|
|Engine Make||Ford 2722E|
|Drive Type||Inboard / Shaftdrive|
|Propeller||• 19 inch” fixed 2 blade bronze propeller and spare 3 blade bronze propeller|